About usRead more
Café Claret is located in a part of the facade of the Helvetia hotel at 11 Marata Street. The front building is a mansion that was built in 1828 for the Khristovsky family; the second building was added on behind the inner courtyard a half century later. In the middle of the 19th century, after baroque reconstruction mansion master Augustus Lange, here was established corner of Switzerland. Traces of the influence of the European appearance of the town can be traced today in the courtyard of the restaurant, where in summer the terrace is open. Keeping the tradition of a family restaurant of Madam Khristovsky, the current owners of the mansion Madeleine Luethi Swiss-born with her business partner Yunis Teymurkhanli expect that the new facility will become a favorite destination not only of many friends and guests of the Helvetia hotel, but also of St. Petersburg.